Thursday, May 08, 2003

Janet Tokerud's Radio Weblog

Okay, this reminded me of another reason why I love Los Angeles and another great passion of mine, Mac computers. LA had the second Apple Store (aka my happy place) to open in the country. It wasn't the first because of time zones.

Still, when I heard an actual Apple store owned and operated by my beloved computer company was coming to town I had to go. I convinced my friend Javier to come with me.

When we arrived we figured there would be plenty of Mac fans milling about, but the 45 minute line to get into the store was a complete shock. I might as well have been going to the opening of the Harry Potter movie. Did I wait for 45 minutes in line. You betcha! Got a t-shirt and pro mouse out of the deal to. I can honestly say that was a good day.

Thing is if I lived anywhere else I would've waited months for an Apple Store to open in my area, if one ever opened at all. They're still waiting up in the Pacific Northwest. But, LA got my Mac fix right off the bat. And now I have four Apple Stores within a half hour of me to choose from. For me that's a small part of heaven right here on earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home