Friday, May 09, 2003

Oringially Posted on: Sanity Doesn't Live Here Anymore

Okay, I'm going to admit it. I love Dawson Creek, or at least I did until they broke up Joey and Pacey at the end of Season 4. I've watched the show since it's beginning, blocking out Season 5 and most of 6, but now that it's coming to a close and I feel compelled to watch it to the bitter end. But, that's only because I hold out hope that Joey and Pacey will end up sailing off into the sunset together ala ending of Season three, or as I call it, the last good season worth watching.

Now, I'm sure some people will think I'm overly involved in the life of television charaters. That may be true, I might be crazy. ( But, crazy just might be what you're looking for.) Still when the idea of meeting and falling and love and making it work almost seems like an out dated concept these cynical days, it's nice to know somewhere there are people, writers, with a sentimental heart and some hope. So, when Pacey and Joey got stranded in a K-mart like a John Hughes movie (which this episode was based on. 10 points to whoever can name it) I was very excited. They kissed. They overly talked about getting back together. Joey was ambivalent. But it looked like things were shaping up with a Joey/Pacey love fest. So, imagine my horror then when Joey left Pacey for her old love Eddie two episodes later. All I can say is what!!! This is not how it's supposed to end. Joey and Pacey forever, not Joey and Eddie forever. Luckily in the above referenced episode Eddie went away for good. I hope.

So, maybe I'll get my Dawson Creek dream ending after all. However, watching at the preview it looks like they're resurrecting the Joey, Pacey, Dawson triangle and someone will die by the end. I hope it's Dawson. I know he's the title character and all, but really he went from barely tolerable to overbearingly annoying way back in season one. Joey and Pacey were always the reason to watch and in that spirit here's hoping that the writers wizen up and put these two love birds together by the end. Because really, does anyone want to see Joey and Dawson together? I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home