Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I can handle your truth, I just don't want to

CrazyAuntPurl: Now for the important stuff.

Above is a comment I left on my new friend Laurie's blog It was regarding Britney and Kevin: Chaotic. And boy, was I wrong. Do not watch this show. It's not even entertaining in an Anna Nicole Smith train wreck sort of way. I have nothing personally againt Britney Spears; I don't know her personally. But, 30 seconds of that on my TV I had a seething hatred for her.


Britney does try to get a little deep asking people about what they think of love and marriage. I felt very enlightened after that discussion with her hair dresser. No really, I'm totally serious. And K-Fed's comments on love "love is love" Wow, a whole new world opened up for me. Truly. But, after that it's mostly about running around backstage asking her crew questions about sex, and taping it. I'm not a prude, you'll have to take my word on that. But, Ew. I don't know what their favorite sex positions are. And I don't want to know that Britney had sex three times before a concert and it was ecstasy. It's one thign to discuss with friends and co-workers (well employees really in her case) but broadcast on national televison? Tacky.

I, of course, hold UPN partially responsible for this debacle. But, what can you really expect from networks? Britney, ratings they were going to go for it. No I hold Mrs and Mr. Federline responsible. Who in their right mind hands over footage like that to a network to air? Especially someone who already is in the media spotlight?

I'll admit reality TV is a guilty pleasure of mine. Osbornes: first season loved it. Newlyweds: 1st Season yeah, watched some episodes. Anna Nicole Smith, okay that I only watched the premiere. I thought The Family was hysterical. Joe Shmo brilliant. Never been that into Survivor, odd. But, this has to be the worst show I've ever seen. Worst! Across all genres. Good Morning Miami was better than this.

This show won't even draw me in by how incredibly bad it is. That's how bad it is.

v.carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home