Sunday, May 15, 2005

It's a man!

I'm happy to announce that there's a new man in my life. He's the cutest little thing, a real snuggle bug. And the kindest yellow eyes you've ever seen. Yep, it's happened. I've adopted another cat. I met him yesterday at Petco and it was love at first pet. I was a bit surprised because normally I'm drawn to the all black, grey and white cats. And this fella, who's name I have just decided is now Xander, is orange and white. But as many of you know, (or don't know because we've just met) I'm a bit of a procrastinator. Is this really the new cat to introduce to the house? Maybe Wesley would prefer a black kitten. (Wesley, my other little man. Yeah, that's right. I'm a two timing woman. You going to make something of it? Ew, this is going someplace very disturbing. I think of my cats as my pets/kids not as anything else. Let's just forget about all this in the parenthesis. Thanks. I knew you'd understand.)

So, this mother and daughter walked in and fell in love with the little guy. They even started filling out the paperwork. And although on the outside I seemed calm, inside it was big Noooo!!! He's my cat. I'm meant to be his new Mom. Back off biotch. They must have heard this on some subatomic level because suddenly they decided to leave and think about it some more. Well, that decided it. That cat was coming home with me.

So, now Xander is happily living under the couch. Although this afternoon when I came back from my faboo aftenoon yarn shop/lunch date with Laurie and Lainie (hoped I spelled that right) I coaxed him out from under the couch by petting him. That's all it takes with Xander a little scratching under the chin and he comes out. I had to leave again to go to the store and he's back under the couch.

Wesley and Xander met yesterday and Wesley seems a little unsure about all this. He has been the only man of the house since Dante passed away in February. But, I'm fully confident Wesley is going to love having a new playmate around. Unfortunatley I can't get Xander to sit still long enough to take a photo, but as soon as I can I'll post it.

So, yes, I'm one cat closer to being the crazy cat lady. You can't see this, but I have a big smile on my face right now.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I want to meet him RIGHT NOW. Um, except you're at work. :( But yay! Kitten! Yay!

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xander it is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home