Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'm not crazy!

You know how sometimes you keep things to yourself because you think you're the only one who thinks and/or feels that way.

Self: Yes, I do.
Me: I'm so glad. Because I think I might be the only one who knows what I mean.
Self: I should try an example.

At work there's a kitchenette. In the kitchenette there are cups. What I deem the normal size cups (probably 16oz? And only in America is that normal) These paper cups are the perfect size for tea and water and if I drank the coffee in the office, but I don't because the building seems to reject good coffee...coffee. And everyone has been happy about this.

But lately whoever is in charge of keepings cups in stock have been buying these extraordinarily large cups. 20 oz. It's the worst size cup. I'm making tea and it's like don't fill it up because then it's too much water, and I can't seem to judge the proper amount of hot boiling water to steep my tea bag in. It's been really annoying. It almost makes me give up on tea for the day.

However, I then get a little rational and calm down and just deal. And I don't want to complain because it seems like a silly thing to complain about. And I'm probably just crazy. (And I'm really glad that in the update of the Chicago Style Guide it became okay to begin a sentence with And)

So, I was so happy when my co-worker J. came in and said "what's with these big cups. I can't figure out how much water to use for my tea. I hate these." I leaped in joy and happiness beause (figuratively speaking) I'M NOT CRAZY. I have company in my extraordinarily large cup dislike...nee hatred.

But I'm a little worried about my partner in crime. J. just told me "don't worry. be happy" Maybe I should be more worried about my sanity after all.

So, revision: I'M NOT CRAZY ... at least not the only crazy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home