Monday, June 06, 2005

My entire world has changed

Apple announces shift to Intel chips from IBM - Yahoo! News: "SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Computer Inc. (Nasdaq:AAPL - news) on Monday said it will shift to using Intel Corp. (Nasdaq:INTC - news) microprocessors in its Macintosh computers, severing its long relationship with International Business Machines Corp., which had supplied chips to Apple."

Buddha teaches us that life is change. And it is with this in mind that I'm trying to push away my feelings of trepidation and betrayel at the news that Apple is going to intel.

No that isn't me you hear going AHHHHHH!!!!!

Mr Jobs has done a good job steering the Apple ship all these years and generally I trust his judgement. However, after sinking a good chunk of change into a 17 inch G4 laptop, which I love, back in December -- not even a year ago-- I can't help but feel that in the next two years I will never be able to buy another application for it again. I'm kind of pissed about that.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll be able to chug along just fine with my laptop for another few years like I hoped. Maybe the world isn't coming to an end. Maybe this will only make the Mac platform stronger and betterer than ever. Maybe.

But, I remember what Buddha says Life is Change. And I ignore the part of my mind saying fuck change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home