Wednesday, June 08, 2005

10% off - what a bargain

Who doesn't love a discount? You go into a store and you see 10% off and you're so much more willing to buy it because it's a bargain.

Well folks, I'm 10% off so I'm starting to feel like a real bargain. Not in a cheap way of course. More like deal of the century way.

A couple years ago I put on some extra weight and all the body image issues came out in a big way. I've always had weight issues real and imagined, and I really was starting to think that was it. I'm just going to be heavy for the rest of my life.

Then I woke up and realized I'm not! I'm not destined to be pleasantly plump. So, I joined weight watchers 10 weeks ago. At my last weight in I reached my 10% weight loss goal! I'm 10% off. There's 10% less of me.

And I feel great. It feels wonderful to let go of something, anything, that you just don't need in your life anymore. To let go.

So, after that news I decided there were other areas of my life where I could lose 10%. Because really 10% isn't that much.

I've started with my room. This weekend I went through the closet and under the bed and around the computer and just got rid of what I didn't need or want. Sunday gave away a bunch of stuff to Goodwill.

And you know what? I have more room for all the things I do want and need. I have room in my closet for the new clothes I'm going to need because all of my pants are almost falling off. I have more room for the important momentos from my life that I like to look at and touch and remember. And room for a new wardrobe. That's right the Swedish siren song of Ikea is calling to me.

Next: 10% less stuff laying around in my car for no other reason than I've been to lazy to throw it out.

3 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger NOLAPete said...

Congrats on your 10% off!

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous, I want to start WW so badly, but am totally procrastinating. Keep up the good work.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Carrie V said...

First off, thanks guys for the encouragement. And, I say if you want to join WW go for it. I've found it to be a great experience. I procrastinated about joining as well, but I'm so glad I just made the decision and did it. So, that's something else I'm reducing by 10%: procrastination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home